Divi Children Changelog
- Released: 2022-04-06.
- Fixed some bugs that produced undefined variable and other PHP notices.
- Fixed a PHP error that under some circumstances prevented the Divi Visual Builder from loading correctly (some users reported that the loading was timed out).
- Fixed a bug in the General Settings – Lists section of the child theme customizer that prevented the appropriate font size sliders from appearing when the ‘Set specific font size for UL’ or ‘Set specific font size for OL’ options were selected.
- New social icons make now use of FontAwesome icons (for the sake of your website’s performance, FontAwesome icon fonts will not be loaded unless you use at least one FontAwesome icon).
- Google+ deleted from the available social icons list.
- Flickr spelling corrected (`Flikr’ was previously used). This was a problem inherited from the Divi parent theme, and that has not been corrected on the Divi theme yet (for example, Divi 4.15.1 still displays the Flickr icon with the “et-social-flikr” CSS class).
- Fix: some customization settings for header social icons were not working due to a change in some Divi CSS selectors with no backward compatibility.
- Fix: some footer and header social icons were not displayed if no Divi Social Media Follow module was used on the page.
- Fix: missing code for the display of MySpace and Tumblr icons.
- Added: New social icons:
- Kirki Costumizer Framework updated to version 4.0.23
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 3.0.10
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.10
- Released: 2018-04-03.
- Fixed some bugs that produced undefined variable PHP notices.
- Fixed a bug that caused errors with alpha choice in color controls.
- Removed closing php tag in some files.
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 3.0.8
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.9
- Released: 2018-02-20.
- Fixed a bug that produced an undefined variable PHP notice.
- Fixed get_theme_mod without any default value in output.php file.
- Fixed: Custom Modules sections were appearing in the Customizer even when they were empty because no custom selectors were in use.
- Kirki toolkit updated to new version 3.0.16
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 3.0.7
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.8
- Released: 2017-11-15.
- The main purpose of this update is compatibility with WordPress 4.9. New Customizer controls and scripts that become available in WordPress 4.9 are now used, and compatibility with other controls has been addressed.
- New: Added ability to manually enter numeric values in slider controls.
- Removed CodeMirror. The code control from new WordPress Core is now used. Live Custom CSS controls will be displayed as textareas in WP older than 4.9.
- Improved Customizer controls styling.
- Fixed a bug in several files that produced an undefined variable PHP notice.
- Kirki toolkit updated to new version 3.0.15
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 3.0.6
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.7
- Released: 2017-10-30.
- Fixed: Theme mod initialization issue for “Customize Footer Layout” setting.
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 3.0.5
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.6
- Released: 2017-10-15.
- New file to handle basic stylesheet enqueueing inside the Divi Children Engine instead of from the functions.php file of child theme, for easier updating.
- Added: fix for issue with child theme stylesheet being loaded twice can now be updated in existing child themes. Added function for compatibility with existing functions.php files.
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 3.0.4
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.5
- Released: 2017-10-15.
- Fixed: Issue with child theme stylesheet being loaded twice.
- Kirki toolkit updated to new version 3.0.11
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 3.0.3
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.4
- Released: 2017-09-29.
- New customizing feature in Footer > Footer Bottom section: Span Footer Bottom to full width, with lateral padding control.
- Added Customizer control: Span Footer Bottom to full width (buttonset).
- Added Customizer control: Footer Bottom lateral padding (slider).
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 3.0.2
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.3
- Released: 2017-09-27.
- New: The Divi Children Engine is now fully translation-ready, everything added by Divi Children to the WP Customizer in child themes it creates can be translated now.
- Added: Full French translation (Divi Children Engine included), made by Pierre Bichet. Thanks again, Pierre!
- Kirki toolkit updated to new version 3.0.10
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 3.0.1
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.2
- Released: 2017-09-21.
- Added: French translation (plugin only), made by Pierre Bichet. Thanks, Pierre!
- Fixed: Spanish translation (plugin only) – Error in mo and po file names did not allow translations to work.
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.1
- Released: 2017-09-20.
- The plugin has been completely refactored. The rest of this list reflects most changes and new features, but it is not exhaustive.
- New: Custom Post Layout builder feature for single posts.
- New: EZ-Builder controls for sortable drag & drop building elements arrangement.
- New: Production Output Mode for faster child theme performance.
- New: Customizer is now organized in panels and sections.
- New: General Settings panel, with the following sections:
- h1-h6 Headings.
- Lists (OL & UL).
- New: Header panel, with the following sections:
- Main Header (Horizontal Navigation).
- Top Header.
- New: Footer panel, with the following sections:
- Main Footer.
- Footer Bottom.
- Footer Credits.
- New: Posts panel, with the following sections:
- Post Layout Builder.
- Custom Post Styles.
- Post Meta Builder.
- Post Meta Styles.
- New: Social Icons panel, with the following sections:
- Social Icons Builder.
- Header Social Icons Styles.
- Footer Social Icons Styles.
- New: Custom Modules panel, with any number of the following sections (depending on the number of Custom Selectors being used):
- Custom Full Width Headers.
- Custom Sidebars.
- Custom Call To Actions.
- New: Sidebar panel and section.
- New: Live Custom CSS panel and section.
- New: Output Mode panel and section.
- New: An additional “Hide Sections” section is now provided for each Customizer panel.
- Kirki toolkit is now used by the Divi Children Engine for new Customizer controls.
- All child theme code that may need future updating has been moved to the Divi Children Engine for easy future updating of child themes previously created by earlier versions of the plugin.
- WP Filesystem is now used for child theme creation and updating.
- Plugin security has been enhanced with better use of nounces, sanitization, etc.
- Divi Children Custom Selectors can now be renamed and deleted.
- The Customizer panel titles show now the name of the child theme before the panel name (unless it´s too long, in which case “Child Theme” is displayed instead).
- The plugin now checks if the child theme creation was really successful.
- Added “Settings” link in Installed Plugins page.
- New branding, with redesigned plugin logo and a new default child theme screenshot.
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 3.0.0
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.0
- Released: 2016-09-10.
- Added compatibility with Divi 3.0.1 new footer credits editor.
- Added new settings to open Divi Children footer credits links in new browser tabs.
- Removed code to create footer.php for child themes, not longer needed.
- Removed code to update previously created child themes.
- Divi Children engine version bumped to 1.0.4
- Plugin version bumped to 2.0.9
- Released: 2016-05-17.
- Added compatibility with WordPress 4.5: wp_get_current_user() function is now used instead of the recently deprecated get_currentuserinfo().
- Removed Patch to fix Divi issue: Duplicated Predefined Layouts in functions.php of created child themes. This patch is no longer needed.
- Plugin version bumped to 126.96.36.199
- Released: 2015-06-18.
- New: Divi parent stylesheet no longer loaded via @import in the child stylesheet (no longer considered best practice) but enqueued via functions.php.
- Added compatibility with Divi 2.4:
- Added new function to extend Divi 2.4 classes to make some customized Divi modules work after Divi 2.4 redefinition of the Divi Builder using OOP.
- Added new functions to take care of Divi 2.4 renamed functions.
- Child theme Customizer settings sent to output after Divi output to prevent them from being overriden.
- Some child theme Customizer output modified to avoid problems with default values not being set to output.
- Other minor changes to child theme Customizer output to avoid Divi 2.4 overriding some child theme settings.
- Plugin admin files updated to allow the updating of existing child themes to make them compatible with Divi 2.4.
- Divi Children engine version bumped to 1.0.3.
- Plugin version bumped to 2.0.8.
- Released: 2015-05-05.
- Further fixes on: “Default values added in Customizer output to fix issues like sidebar pushed to the left if no settings values were set in the Customizer”. Some previous fixes were working in the Customizer preview only.
- Plugin version bumped to 188.8.131.52.
- Released: 2015-05-03.
- Added new Magic Code for the CTA Divi module to open links in a new browser tab.
- Plugin admin files updated to allow update of existing child themes to the new feature.
- Fixed child theme updating: Default values added to Customizer output in version 2.0.6 were working for newly created child themes but not for pre-existing child themes updated by Divi Children 2.0.6.
- Divi Children Engine version bumped to 1.0.2.
- Plugin version bumped to 2.0.7.
- Released: 2015-05-01.
- Fixed compatibility with new Offset setting introduced in Divi Blog modules.
- Default values added in Customizer output to fix issues like social icons pushed together in the footer or the sidebar pushed to the left if no settings values were set in the Customizer.
- Plugin admin files updated to allow update of existing child themes to the new features.
- Divi Children Engine bumped to 1.0.1.
- Plugin version bumped to 2.0.6.
- Released: 2015-02-02.
- Further fixes on blank empty panels in plugin admin issue, caused by js conflict with some other plugins and with ET epanel.
- Plugin version bumped to 184.108.40.206.
- Released: 2015-02-01.
- Fix: Blank empty panels under tabs in plugin admin issue, caused by js conflict with some other plugins.
- Plugin version bumped to 2.0.5.
- Released: 2014-08-13.
- Updated to support Divi 2.1.
- New: Divi Children Engine with support for the WordPress Customizer.
- Child theme file creation and updating system improved.
- Added “Install or Update Divi Children Engine” tab to plugin main page.
- Added “Update Footer” tab to plugin main page.
- New feature: Divi Children Custom Classes
- Sections with Custom Rows
- Custom Full Width Headers
- Custom Call To Actions
- New feature: Divi Children Custom IDs
- Custom Sidebars
- New feature: Magic Codes
- Blog Module: newest_post_feed
- Blog Module: no_newest_post_feed
- Settings sections added to Customizer (sitewide, unique):
- Divi Child Settings Control
- Divi Child – Main Footer
- Divi Child – Footer Bottom
- Divi Child – Footer Credits
- Divi Child – Main Sidebar
- Divi Child – Post Meta Data
- Settings sections added to Customizer (custom, multiple):
- Divi Child – Custom Rows Section n
- Divi Child – Full Width Header n
- Divi Child – Call To Action n
- Divi Child – Custom Sidebar n
- Footer Template: footer.php file is now created directly from the footer.php file of the current Divi version installed, instead of from txt templates.
- Footer credits: New Divichild_footer_credits_generator function in Divi Children engine instead of functions.php.
- Footer credits: Added “Developed by” element.
- Footer credits: “Powered by” link can be customized now, instead of the default fixed link to WordPress.org.
- Footer credits values are now saved as theme options instead of hardcored in footer.php.
- Modified the patch to fix the duplicated predefined layouts issue that was not fixed in Divi 2.0 nor in Divi 2.1.
- Bumped version number in main plugin file.
- Released: 2014-06-26.
- Fixed a bug that would not allow to load predefined layouts on pages.
- Released: 2014-06-26.
- Added code to include a fix for the duplicated predefined layouts issue in the functions.php file of created child themes.
- Released: 2014-05-26.
- Initial Release.