If you follow this blog regularly you know that I´ve being posting once in a while about the popularity of the Divi theme, as it was reaching new milestones. My last post about this was published on September 13, 2014, after Divi became one of the Top 10 WordPress Themes. Today I´m glad to announce that Divi did it again and has just become one of the Top 5 WordPress Themes.
What I´m using to analyze the popularity of WordPress themes on these posts are the WPThemeDetector statistics used to generate the Top WordPress Themes reports. People use the WPThemeDetector online tool to find out what theme is being used by a site they like, and many times it happens to be Divi. That´s people at random from all over the world, and we´re talking about thousand of searches being performed every day, so the information is quite reliable from the statistical point of view.
Furthermore, you´ll realize that the popularity of Divi is even greater than it may appear if you take into account that older themes had been around for a longer time, therefore collecting more historical finds than a theme that was released a little more than a year ago.
When I checked the Top WordPress Themes report today I found that Divi had just taken over the #5 position, after beating the also very successful theme Avada:
To become one of the Top 5 WordPress Themes, climbing these new 5 positions from the #10 where we left it last September, Divi also had to beat some other very popular themes such as OptimizePress, Twenty Eleven or Canvas.
As usual on these Divi Popularity posts, here you have an update of the list summarizing the impressive milestones achieved by Divi up to now:
- Dec 11, 2013: Divi release
- February 13, 2014: Divi becomes one of the Top 100 WordPress Themes
- March 25, 2014: Divi becomes one of the Top 50 WordPress Themes
- May 1, 2014: Divi becomes one of the Top 25 WordPress Themes
- May 19, 2014: Divi becomes one of the Top 20 WordPress Themes
- May 21, 2014: Divi 2.0 is released
- July 3, 2014: Divi becomes one of the Top 15 WordPress Themes
- September 10, 2014: Divi becomes one of the Top 10 WordPress Themes, reaching #10 after beating Twenty Ten, Twenty Thirteen, Responsive, Headway and Twenty Fourteen.
- January 31st, 2015: Divi becomes one of the Top 5 WordPress Themes, reaching #5 after beating Avada, OptimizePress, Jarida, Twenty Eleven and Canvas.
So what is your bet for the next step? Please let us know via the comments.