When I launched this site back in May I published a post about Divi becoming one of the Top WordPress Themes at WPThemeDetector, a free online tool that detects and tracks the themes and plugins being used by WordPress sites.
At the end of that post I said I was curious about the future evolution of Divi as one of the top WordPress themes. If you were curious too, here you have an update about its recent achievements in terms of popularity.
Divi keeps ranking higher
The situation reported on my previous post about Divi as a Top WordPress Theme belonged to a period of time just a couple of days before the version 2.0 release. Divi was ranking as the #20 top WordPress theme at that time.
As you know, Divi 2.0 had a very warm response from the community of Elegant Themes members, as it had happened five months before with the release of the first version of the theme.
The release of the new version has helped increase the popularity of this theme, which reached #15 a few days ago, on July 3.
But wait and take a look at the situation as of today:
Impressive, isn´t it? On the fourth of July Divi had beaten none other that Twenty Fourteen, and yesterday it took over the #13 position surpassing Headway, a theme framework that had been until now very comfortably positioned in the middle area of the top 25 WordPress themes reports.
On the image above you can see that Divi gained two positions during a week (the “+2” below the theme´s position indicates that the theme went 2 places up during the last 7 days).
And the ascent goes on…
I want to point out that, even though some steps are easier to reach than others because a couple of positions may differ in just a small percentage (meaning that the popularity of a couple of themes is more or less the same), in general as a theme reaches higher it will become much tougher for it to climb to the next position.
But I´m pretty sure Divi will keep going up, at least for several positions yet. You can expect that from a theme with such an outstanding record so far; just take a look at some of the milestones achieved by Divi in a few months which I have summarized on this list:
- Dec 11, 2013: Divi release
- February 13, 2014: Divi becomes one of the 100 Top WordPress Themes
- March 25, 2014: Divi becomes one of the 50 Top WordPress Themes
- May 1, 2014: Divi becomes one of the 25 Top WordPress Themes
- May 19, 2014: Divi becomes one of the 20 Top WordPress Themes
- May 21, 2014: Divi 2.0 is released
- July 3, 2014: Divi becomes one of the 15 Top WordPress Themes
- July 4, 2014: Divi beats Twenty Fourteen, reaching #14
- July 9, 2014: Divi beats Headway, reaching #13
So, what is your bet? Please let me know through the comments.
Latest posts by Luis Alejandre (see all)
- Say Hello to Divi Children 3.0 (and to EZ builders and the works) - September 20, 2017
- Divi Children 3 is almost here… and you are going to love it! - July 25, 2017
- How to Get a Quasi-Sticky Footer for Divi - May 11, 2017